Welcome to Mummy's Message, an ancient Egyptian educational game designed to educate middle level and high school students about Egyptian civilization.
This interactive classroom game brings
to life the history of ancient Egypt, incorporating the use of pharoahs, pyramids, mummies, and hieroglyphic messages.
Students will thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to become a member of an archeological team that will need to gather information to correctly answer real messages from a hieroglyphic tablet. Pyramid traps test the knowledge and decision-making skills of your students. Harzardous situations such as earthquakes occur as they travel through the dark and dusty pyramid, and incorrect answers can adversely effect the entire expedition. Teams must also travel to each of three chambers and discover pieces of a hieroglyphic tablet. The team that correctly pieces together and translates the Mummy's Message wins the game.
Your Students Will:
- Learn how environments impact the progress and lives of
individuals and cultures
- Identify the steps in the mummification process
- Draw conclusions as to how the ancient Egyptians' beliefs in the afterlife structured their life on earth
- Compare and contrast customs of ancient Egypt
to those of the U.S.
- Recognize the important role of ancient civilizations in regards to today's world
- Learn the value of cooperation amongst group members
Mummy's Message includes a teacher's curriculum guide that provides a detailed outline for your lesson plans.
Browse our site for additional game information, and contact us anytime by submitting an email. A few sample pyramid trap cards have been linked for your review. (view pyramid trap link) To purchase, simply click on our BUY NOW link. Within 24/48 hours, you will receive an email with the necessary information to download a PDF file of the game containing both the curriculum and game content.